Texas Education Agency Login (TEAL)
What is TEAL?
TEA is in the process of migrating to a new secure environment, TEA Login (TEAL), which replaces the older system, TEASE. TEAL provides greater, more flexible, secure access to TEA applications. Eventually, all TEA applications will use TEAL.
- For information about TEA applications and their migration status, visit the
TEA Secure Applications reference page.
- For more information about TEAL and TEASE, including frequently asked questions, visit the Overview.
Why must TEAL and TEASE co-exist?
Migrating to the new environment requires work to be performed on each individual TEA application. The application has to be made to work with TEAL rather than TEASE. This process takes time. When the preparation is complete, the migration process involves informing all of the application users. Everyone who uses the application must be migrated within the window.
Why do I need a new login?
TEA is gradually moving all of its applications to the new, more up-to-date access system. To access the product you selected, you need a TEAL login. The good news, though, is that you will no longer need to maintain several logins for access to different roles within the same application.
How can Users Adopt TEAL?
Anyone may Register for a TEAL account today. Once a user has a TEAL account, the person may Request access to a TEAL application or Link their TEASE account to gain access to TEASE applications.
1) Register for a TEAL Account
- Go to https://pryor.tea.state.tx.us/
- Click "Request New User Account" near the top of the page
- Enter the requested information in the required fields
- Click "Submit"
- You will receive your TEAL username and password via an email
Login to TEAL to complete your TEAL registration
2) Link your TEASE Account
Existing TEASE users can Link their accounts to TEAL today. Once a user has linked a TEASE account to TEAL, that person will no longer be able to login to TEASE directly (with the newly linked account) and instead, must go through TEAL.
- Log in to TEAL using the account created above (https://pryor.tea.state.tx.us/)
- Select "Link TEASE Accounts" from the Self-Service list on the left, as designated by a red apple
- Now click the "Link a TEASE account" button
- You will be prompted to enter your TEASE username, password, and a helpful description
- Click "Submit" and wait for a message that the request was successfully submitted
- Now click on "Access Applications" under the Self-Service list as designated by a green arrow
- Click the "Refresh Links" button near the top of the page
- You should now see your linked TEASE account on the right under the "TEASE User Accounts" heading -- Please use this link to access TEASE going forward
- You may repeat steps 3 through 8 for as many TEASE accounts as you would like to link to TEAL
TEAL login page:
Here you can request a new user account, view the video on how to access TEASE through TEAL, and receive video training on how to use TEAL.
Timeline of transitions to TEAL:
Region 10 TEAL contacts: