COVID-19 (Coronavirus) General Information
Current Region 10 ESC Announcements Regarding Operations During COVID-19 Pandemic
Region 10 ESC is committed to the health safety of our staff and all our constituencies. In this unusual situation with the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, Region 10 will be taking measures to mitigate contributing to the spread of the virus. The Center believes it is also proper for us to provide at least a certain level of normalcy toward carrying out our mission of Students, Service, Solutions for the schools that depend on us.
This link from our website homepage will have the most up to date information regarding our operations during this time. Please check for information as often as needed.
Resources and information for superintendents will be shared from a second link on the homepage and Region 10 staff have a link dedicated for them from the homepage as well.
Please wash your hands often … it is the best defense according to all the local, state, national, and international health organizations.
TRAINING (VIRTUAL) FOR TEACHERS – Region 10 is online with support for educators to help learn the art of instructing online and virtually. Scheduled virtual training is available with some of our best digital learning team members. Additionally, our team has scheduled Live Chats/Office Hours for educators to chat with them about individual issues, ask specific questions, and get the best support.
**Get the schedules and links here: Region 10 Remote Learning Opportunities
**To request content specific support please complete this form and R10 staff will respond: Region 10 Content Support Request Form
AT-HOME INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPORT – Region 10 is committed to supporting your transition to remote learning. In order to accomplish this goal we have set up this page. bit.ly/R10remote As time progresses, we will be adding additional resources. If you have specific needs or requests, please complete this form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
NEW REGION 10 FACILITIES CLOSED
CANCELLED or POSTPONED EVENTS – in accordance with the Federal and State guidelines and Dallas County's facilities closure order the following events have been cancelled or postponed:
- Through Monday, May 4th - All workshops, seminars, and meetings with non-employees that were scheduled to be held at Region 10 ESC facilities are cancelled or postponed.
- Through Monday, May 4th – All workshops and seminars involving multiple schools/district scheduled by and led by Region 10 are cancelled or postponed.
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE – Region 10 staff will continue to be available by phone and email for technical assistance. Meetings with individual districts or campuses will also continue. R10 staff will reach out to contacts to confirm these meetings.
ADDITIONAL CLEANING – Region 10 ESC is adding to our normal custodial cleaning practices.
- Public portions of the facilities have been thoroughly and deeply cleaned and disinfected.
- When guests return to the Region 10 facilities you will be aware of additional cleaning being done during the day, such as more frequent cleaning of restrooms, door handles, and coffee areas.
- All tables and chairs in the conference rooms and lobbies will be wiped down each night and between workshops if multiple workshops are held in the same room on the same day (i.e. morning & afternoon).
Over the next few weeks, if an individual participant wishes to cancel registration for training/events, Region 10 will allow them to do so with no penalty.