The Distance Learning team believes that effective and engaging learning can be provided in nontraditional formats. Through the use of e-learning courses, digital content from Discovery Education for both teachers and students, and robot technology for homebound students, the Distance Learning team provides innovative solutions to meet the needs of many in Region 10 and across Texas. We provide solutions for:
- Online learning via My Professional Learning
- Legislative mandates in our annual compliance bundle (i.e. Bloodborne Pathogens, Sexual Harassment, Cybersecurity, etc.)
- Professional development to grow and/or earn CPE hours for certification renewal
- We have many topics such as GT, Google Certification, ELL, Classroom Management, Dyslexia, Fine Arts, and so much more.
- Third-party partnerships such as Ruby Payne, The Master Teacher, Model Teaching, and CE Credits Online
- Paraeducator Training
- Discovery Education partnership that provides over 200,000 resources (videos, audio books, images, interactives, instructional practices and strategies, various languages, ready-to-go lessons, etc.) for both educators and students.
- Annual day of training conducted by Discovery Education representatives
- Customized training for your district by the Distance Learning team
- Reggie’s Robots – using VGo robots, homebound students can interact with their peers and teachers from the safety of their home while receiving instruction.
- Remote learning instruction – we can provide training to instructors who need to teach remotely.
- Customized PD for districts. Do you need an e-learning training created for something specific at your district for teachers, parents or students? Contact us for a quote. Our instructional designers can create engaging content on any subject for any audience.
Trainings can be delivered face-to-face or remotely via Zoom.