The Head Start Education Team provides classroom support through the mentoring of Head Start teachers and instructional assistants, modeling of teaching strategies, providing supportive strategies for students with challenging behavior, and through the implementation of Head Start Federal Performance Standards.
The Head Start Education Team assists with curriculum development and lesson planning. The Team also supports the application of the Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Framework, as well as the Texas Pre-Kindergarten Guidelines. State-adopted curricula and other activities are embedded within the High/Scope Framework in all of the Region 10 Education Service Center Head Start classrooms.
Education Consultants provide coaching in the areas of the learning environment (indoor/outdoor), ordering and use of materials and supplies, technical assistance with assessment tools, and training/guidance in early childhood development (including cognitive, social/emotional, and physical development of young children).
Links for Teachers:
- Early Childhood Learning and Knowledge Center
- Early Childhood Learning and Knowledge Center: Training and Technical Assistance
- Child Development Associate (CDA) Council
- Texas Education Agency
- Children's Learning Institute
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- Texas Association for the Education of Young Children