Homeless Children and Youth are guaranteed the following:
- The right to immediate enrollment in school, even if lacking paperwork normally required for enrollment.
- The right to attend school in his/her school of origin (if this is requested by the parent and is feasible) or in the school in the attendance area where the family or youth is currently residing.
- Automatic eligibility for any nutrition services available at the school.
- The right to receive transportation to his/her school of origin, if this is requested by the parent and is feasible.
- The right to services comparable to those received by housed schoolmates, including transportation and supplemental educational services.
- The right to attend school along with children not experiencing homelessness. Segregation based on a student's status as homeless is strictly prohibited.
- The posting of homeless students' rights in all schools and other places around the community.
- Annual TEA "To the Administrator Addressed" Letter
- Guidance on Searching Homeless Liaison Directory Information via AskTED