Region 10 provides information, support, and professional development to assist districts, campuses, and charter schools in the following areas:
- Positive Behavior Intervention Support (PBIS) - Schoolwide, Classroom and Individual interventions
- Teacher consultation and technical assistance upon request - to assist in effectively managing student behavior in the classroom environment
- Professional development in classroom management
- Crisis prevention/intervention training for school personnel (provided at Region 10 ESC and at campus sites upon request) - to deal appropriately with behavior problems and maintain an effective instructional setting
- Collaboration with colleagues and districts - to plan educational and behavioral programming that will allow students maximum access to the general curriculum
Essential Principles and Beliefs
- Kids come first!
- Everyone in a school should be treated with dignity and respect.
- All students should receive frequent positive feedback on their behavioral and academic efforts.
- All students should perceive high expectations from school personnel.
- All school settings should be structured for student success.
- School personnel needs to establish firm and clear limits for students.
- Expectations for student behavior should be clear, consistent, and equitable.
- Student misbehavior should be corrected calmly, consistently, and immediately by the staff member that observes it.
- Addressing chronic student misbehavior is a collaborative responsibility.
District Request Form
Please complete the form below to request technical assistance and/or professional development (PD). A team member will be in touch with you soon following the submission of your request.