NOTE: In this website, non '' url links open in a new window.

<< Return to Principal Certification page

If you earned your degree outside of the United States, you will need to submit the following in addition to the required documents for application.

  • Work Authorization (copy).
  • TOEFL iBT score report - All four parts of the TOEFL iBT is required with an acceptable passing score on the Speaking portion of 24, the Listening portion of 22, the Reading portion of 22, and the Writing portion of 21.
  • Enter the Institution (DI) Code: B263 when taking the TOEFL iBT for the scores to be available to Region 10 ALT.

The countries listed below have been approved by the State Board of Educator Certification to satisfy the English language proficiency requirement specified in 19 TAC 230.11(b)(5)(C). To be exempted from the Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-Based Test (TOEFL iBT) testing requirement specified in 19 TAC 230.11(b)(5)(B), a certification candidate must have earned an undergraduate or graduate degree from an institution of higher education on the SBEC-approved list of countries.

Country Country
American Samoa Gibraltar
Anguilla Grand Cayman
Antigua and Barbuda Grenada
Australia Guyana
Bahamas Jamaica
Barbados Liberia
Belize Nigeria
Bermuda Saint Kitts and Nevis
British Virgin Islands Saint Lucia
Cayman Islands Trinidad/Tobago
Canada (except Quebec) Turks and Caicos
Dominica United Kingdom
Gambia U.S. Pacific Trust


Certification Based on Credentials from Another Country

Detailed Information About the Required Documents


If you have any questions, please call 972-348-  

Upcoming Events

  • No Upcoming Events