This service is to assist local district and charter school special education personnel in providing a free, appropriate public education to all students with special needs. Federal and state laws and regulations are emphasized in this process.
Training sessions within these areas are scheduled per district and charter school needs at no cost to the local district or charter school. Audiences may include special education personnel, general education personnel, and parents.
Technical assistance is available at no cost to meet a wide variety of district and charter school needs within the areas of Legal Framework for the Child Centered Process, Performance Based Monitoring for Special Education, Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS), and Student Attendance Accounting.
Legal Framework for the Child Centered Process
- Assistance in determining the policies, procedures and operating guidelines for individualized special education programs
- Training and assistance with the documentation process including document development and the ongoing review and analysis of documents
- Training for personnel involved with students with disabilities
- Assistance with parent information
- Assistance with a quality evaluation of individual student programs to determine compliance with federal and state requirements and legal citations
- Training in understanding the legal issues and consequences of accountability