Strategic Priority Guide #2 offers activity-focused spending guidance to LEAs for building a strong foundation in reading and mathematics for all students. The Strategic Priority Guide contains information on recommended initiatives, best practices, and allowable uses of ESSA and Perkins funds to support the priority.
Recommended Uses of Funds for Strategic Priority #2 offers LEAs effective instructional strategies for building a strong foundation in reading and mathematics. Each resource page provides LEAs a sound research-base for the recommendation, links to other resources, and contact information for TEA staff that can support the LEA's implementation.
- High-Quality Arts Integration Programs Can Benefit Learning in Core Subjects - Wallace
- 9 Strategies for Motivating Students in Mathematics - Edutopia
- SMART Goals Improve Data-Driven Decision Making in Blended Learning
- The Lasting Payoff of Early Ed - Harvard
- Social and Emotional Learning Interventions Under ESSA - Evidence Review
- Kernels of Practice for Social Emotional Learning: Low-Cost, Low-Burden