Strategic Priority Guide #1 offers activity-focused spending guidance for LEAs on programs and activities for recruiting, supporting, and retaining teachers and principals. The Strategic Priority Guide contains information on recommended initiatives, best practices, and allowable uses of ESSA and Perkins funds to support the priority.
Recommended Uses of Funds for Strategic Priority #1 provides a sound research-base for the recommended best practices in recruiting, supporting and retaining high-quality professional educators, links to other resources, and contact information for TEA staff who can support the LEA's implementation.
- Principal Preparation Program Self-Study Toolkit - Wallace Foundation - 2018
- The Effect of Teacher Coaching on Instruction and Achievement
- The Principal Pipeline Podcast - The Wallace Foundation
- The Art of Facilitative Leadership: Maximizing Others' Contributions
- Coaching the Veteran Teacher - Edutopia
- When Coaching Teachers Has Curiosity As Its Primary Goal - Mindshift
- School Leadership Counts Report - New Teacher Center
- School Leadership Interventions under ESSA: Evidence Review