The Advanced Academics Team at Region 10 believes that students deserve access to advanced coursework that provides them with the opportunity to engage in meaningful curriculum and experiences which can transform them personally and academically.
Region 10 Advanced Academics Goal: Our goal is to provide support and staff development that recognizes teachers as intellectual professionals and to be the conduit of a full body of knowledge that covers a vast spectrum of advanced academics opportunities.
State Goal Regarding Services for Gifted Students
Students who participate in services designed for gifted students will demonstrate skills in self-directed learning, thinking, research, and communication as evidenced by the development of innovative products and performances that reflect individuality and creativity and are advanced in relation to students of similar age, experience, or environment. High school graduates who have participated in services for gifted students will have produced products and performances of professional quality as part of their program services.
Service for Cooperative Members
The GT/Advanced Academics Program at Region 10 is funded through cooperative membership rather than relying on state or federal funding. Each district, charter, and private school decides whether or not to become a member. Membership includes:
- Access to the state-mandated, 30-hour foundational trainings without a fee.
- Access to face-to-face trainings, webinars, and online courses without a fee (unless otherwise specified).
- Professional learning in gifted certification, dual-credit and advanced academics
- Integrated content support designed to aid in differentiating instruction for advanced learners
- Support of Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) program development
- Coordinator informational meetings and workshops
- Ability to host cluster sessions (limited availability)