The Region 10 Special Education Program provides technical assistance and staff development opportunities for people who work with students who are deaf/hard of hearing.
Technical assistance and staff development are designed to
- Promote curriculum development and improvement
- Heighten parental involvement
- Help educators and parents understand the unique educational needs of students
- Help educators and parents understand the appropriate assistive technology used to support the education of these students
- Assist in the coordination of services of ECI and local programs that serve newly identified students
Provide professional development offering of various types including webinars.
District Request Form
Please complete the form below to request technical assistance and/or professional development (PD). A team member will be in touch with you soon following the submission of your request.
Other Available Services
- Providing opportunities for networking and sharing
- Providing information about the interpreter certification process
- Disseminating information from TEA, Texas School for the Deaf and other agencies
- Providing in-service programs and consultations that foster the understanding of the needs of students.
Professional Development Opportunities
On Demand Training
ESC Region 11 Online Courses
Topics: Low Functioning Deaf, Listening and Spoken Language, Educational Interpreting
For a complete list visit the ESC 11 Deaf/Hard of Hearing Trainings
ESC Region 20 Online Courses
These downloadable modules and web-based videos are designed to be downloaded by deaf educators to provide general training to general educators and parents of students who are deaf or hard of hearing. The purpose of this project is to provide foundational knowledge about working with students who are deaf/hard of hearing.