Mentor Teacher Training Program
R10 Empowering New Teacher Mentor Pathway will provide support, guidance and professional development for mentor teachers who work with new teachers.
The training materials are designed for a 2-day session in the summer, followed by 3 separate days throughout the school year. Adjustments can be made to fit the district's needs for professional development.
Summer Day One: Introduction to mentoring
- What is mentoring?
- Standards of practice
- Mentoring partnerships
- Mentoring through coaching
Summer Day Two: Mentoring for the learning environment
- Classroom culture
- Structure and expectations
- Managing behaviors
- Communication skills and planning conversations
Day Three Content: Mentoring for instructional design
- Instructional plans
- Research-based techniques
- Observations & data gathering
- Debrief conversations & goal setting
Day Four Content: Mentoring to improve data-driven instruction
- Student assessments
- Analyzing & interpreting data
- Reteaching plans
- Reflective conversations & feedback
Day Five Content: Mentoring to develop new teacher capacity
- Understanding new teacher needs
- Differentiating support
- Professional conversations
New Teacher Support
R10 Empowering New Teacher Training will provide support, guidance, and professional development for 0–2-year classroom teachers.
Select 1-3 sessions from the support menu that meet the needs of your 0-2 yr classroom teachers.
Get all five sessions by joining a cohort or providing a group of 15+ classroom teachers-Region 10 provides all sessions throughout the school year with an included portfolio component.
- Building Relationships with Students
- Family partnerships
- Classroom Management / Culture
- Standards Unpacking
- Lesson Planning
- Parent Communication
- Data-Driven Instruction
- Time Management
- Systematic Instruction
- Developing partnerships with parents and families
- Contributing to a school community
- Student differentiation
- Planning for Year 2
- Yearly reflection
- Differentiation for teacher needs