Child Find Documents
Can be used to print and handout at school functions such as PTA, Open House, and Back to School Night. (Update each of the following)
- Child Find Poster - English
- Child Find Poster - Spanish
- Child Find Brochure - English
- Child Find Brochure - Spanish
- Child Find Postcard - English
- Child Find Postcard - Spanish
- Referral and Initial Evaluation - English
These text files can be opened in your word processing program and saved on your hard drive. You can then customize it with your program or district information.
Child Find Public Awareness and Referral Correspondence
These are examples of correspondence, including letters to medical personnel and community agencies, that help meet the requirement for actively pursuing the identification of eligible children.
- Press release (newspaper article describing special education services) without letter
- Radio public service announcement describing Child Find
- Letter to physicians with Child Find information and to request referrals
- Letter to private schools to request referrals
- Letter to daycare centers and others with Child Find information and to request referrals
- Child Find Community Resources for LEAs HyperDoc
Intra-District Correspondence, Forms, and Documents
- Letter to district administrative secretaries about their role in Child Find referrals and process
- Letter to campus contacts about their role in Child Find referrals and process
- Form to document campus (principal's) assurance that Child Find orientation, training, and procedural overview have been completed
- Form to document district administrator's assurance that Child Find orientation, training, and procedural overview have been completed for non-campus staff
- Listing of roles and responsibilities of staff in Child Find, including all district personnel categories
- Child Find Parent Resource HyperDoc
- Training Module with training overview, Child Find review of regulations, procedures for campus-level or district-level accounting, sign-in sheet, outline for note-taking, and sample memorandum to secretaries or clerical staff
District Self-Evaluation Form
- This document is a sample form for conducting a review of your district's compliance with Child Find requirements.
Protocol and Guidance for Referral Committees
TEA/Child Find Network Training: Child Find Duty – Everyone’s Responsibility!
This course is intended to provide participants with a fundamental understanding of the definition and purpose of child find and requirements for Local Education Agencies (or LEAs). The training will address the topics of an overview of child find, the key child find populations, and LEA responsibilities, including: written board policies and special education operating procedures; public awareness programs; coordination activities with other agencies; notification to families; targeted outreach to primary referral sources; special education referral procedures, including screenings; maintenance and reporting of accurate data, and professional development and training for staff.
This is a free self-paced online course developed by the Child Find, Evaluation, and ARD Supports Technical Assistance Network. The course is hosted on Region 4’s online learning program, Canvas.
In order to register for the training, you will need to register for a free Region 4 Calendar of Events account. You can create your free account here.
Once you have activated your account, you can register for the Child Find course here.
Independent Evaluation Service Providers:
Please note: The list is someone that contracts these services. Region 10 does not personally endorse anyone on the list but is passing the list on as a courtesy to LEAs that might need to fill a need. Please follow your local hiring procedures. Please contact Keya Saleh for the list of IEE providers.
District Request Form
Please complete the form below to request technical assistance and/or professional development (PD). A team member will be in touch with you soon following the submission of your request.