Dyslexia Helpline: 1-800-232-3030
SpedTex Helpline: 1-855-773-3839
When I had dyslexia, they didn't diagnose it as that. It was frustrating and embarrassing. I could tell you a lot of horror stories about what you feel like on the inside. Keep pitching! Don't let failure of your last pitch affect the success of your next pitch.
— Nolan Ryan
Books about Dyslexia
- All Kinds of Minds by Mel Levine, M.D.
- Basic Facts About Dyslexia & Other Reading Problems by Louisa Cook Moats, Karen E. Dakin
- Beginning to Read: Thinking and Learning About Print—A Summary by Marilyn Jager Adams
- Dyslexia, Fluency, and the Brain by Maryanne Wolf
- Dyslexia: Theory and Practice of Instruction, Third Edition by Diana Brewster Clark, Joanna Kellog Uhry
- English Isn’t Crazy! by Diana Handbury King
- Helping Children Overcome L.D. by Gerome Rosner
- Homework Without Tears: A Parent’s Guide for Motivating Children To Do Homework and To Succeed in School by Lee Canter, Lee Hausner
- How Dyslexic Benny Became a Star: A Story of Hope for Dyslexic Children and Their Parents by Joe Griffith
- Informed Instruction for Reading Success: Foundations for Teacher Preparation by The International Dyslexia Association
- Josh: A Boy With Dyslexia by Caroline Janover
- Keeping A Head in School: A Student’s Book about Learning Abilities and Learning Disorders by Mel Levine, M.D.
- Learning Outside the Lines: Two Ivy League Students with Learning Disabilities and AdHD Give You the Tools for Academic Success and Educational Revolution by Jonathan Mooney, David Cole
- Multisensory Teaching of Basic Language Skills, 3rd Edition by Judith R. Birsh (Ed.)
- My Name is Brain Brian by Jeanne Betancourt
- Overcoming Dyslexia: A New and Complete Science-Based Program for Reading Problems at An Level by Sally Shaywitz, M.D.
- Parenting a Struggling Reader by Susan L. Hall, Louisa C. Moats
- Proust and the Squid, The Story and Science of the Reading Brain by Maryanne Wolf
- Reading Assessment: Linking Language, Literacy, and Cognition by Melissa Lee Farrall
- Reading David: A Mother and Son’s Journey Through the Labyrinth of Dyslexia by Lissa Weinstein, Ph.D.
- Revealing Minds: Assessing to Understand and Support Struggling Learners by Craig Pohlman
- Smart Kids with School Problems: Things to Know & Ways to Help by Pricilla Vail
- Speech to Print by Louisa C. Moats
- Straight Talk About Reading: How Parents Can Make a Difference During the Early Years by Susan L. Hall, Louisa C. Moats
- The Difficult Child by Stanley Turecki, M.D., Leslie Tonner
- The Many Faces of Dyslexia by Margaret Byrd Rawson
- The Misunderstood Child: Understanding and Coping with Your Child’s Learning Disability by Larry B. Silver, M.D.
- The Read Aloud Handbook by Jim Trelease
- The Source for Dyslexia and Dysgraphia by Regina Richards
- The Tuned-in, Turned-on Book about Learning Problems by Marnell Hayes
- The Voice of Evidence in Reading Research by Peggy McCardle, Vinita Chhabra
- The Worst Speller in Jr. High by Caroline Janover, Rosemary Wellner
- “What’s Wrong with Me?” Learning Disabilities at Home and School by Regina Cicci