Competent school bus drivers provide safe and efficient student transportation.
Safety training courses promote enhanced competency and outstanding safety records for school transportation.
Need assistance with class registrations and invoicing? Send email to Genesis Simon or call 972-348-1026
FMSCA Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse
As of January 2020, all school districts and all CDL holders (included school bus drivers and white fleet drivers that hold a CDL) are required to register in the Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse.
Entry Level Driver Training (ELDT)
The entry-level driver training went into effect in February 2022. All new drivers must complete this Federally Mandated program before taking the skills test with DPS.
- Entry-Level Driver Training (ELDT)
- NASDPTS Responds to Proposed Training Compliance Extension
- 20 Questions (and Answers) on MAP-21
"Do you have a Gold Star on your Texas Driver's License?"
Bus Driver Training Location(s)
Several classes are reserved for School District employees only.
Classes marked with “Open Registration” are available to all participants on a first-come, first-served basis.
As we continue to get approvals, more classes will be listed.
- Enrollment Certificate Information (includes expiration dates for these certificates)
- Enrollment Certificate Application (includes a link to this application)
(Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Fees / Payments
- Bus Driver Training Fees 2023-2024
- Sample PO (includes sample of Purchase Order to be submitted with district registrations)
- Pay for Certification Courses with Credit Card
School Bus Forms
For group access, email Laura Shehan
Accident Avoidance for Bus Drivers ($30.00)