Texas Language Leaders is a think tank where World Language educators critically examine issues and challenge beliefs regarding World Language learning and leadership.
Every World Language educator in the state is invited. In each think tank, we:
- Network and build relationships
- Explore a question and related research facing World Language educators
- Engage in discussion to spark ideas and solutions
- Share ideas and reflect on learning
Join our Think Tank Sessions
|Sep 21, 2022||How can we work together to move the needle?|
|Nov 2, 2022||What missteps can happen during unit planning?|
|Jan 25, 2023||What makes a summative assessment excellent?|
|Apr 5, 2023||How do we know a lesson will be successful?|
Texas Language Leaders' Leadership Cohort
Applications for the 2023-2024 cohort are open until February 28, 2023.
*Apply via Google form.*
The first state-wide leadership cohort for World Language teachers met June 8-9, 2022. Together, our leaders learned:
- what great leaders do to become effective
- the fundamentals of planning & instruction
- what makes PD effective
Each participant designed a leadership project to implement during the 2022-2023 school year! Watch out Texas, the needle for student proficiency is about to move!