Registration for the 2022-2023 school year is closed.
Philosophy and Goals
Current research consistently supports the findings that the role of an effective instructional leader is the most significant variable to improve teaching and learning and influences a 25 percent increase in student achievement. The relationship between principal performance and school quality supports the belief that it is impossible to have a high performing school without an effective principal.
A principal must be knowledgeable and skilled:
- as a facilitator of making student and adult learning the priority
- in setting high expectations for performance
- as the leader of a professional learning community
- in gearing content and instruction to standards
- in creating a culture of continuous learning for adults
- in using multiple sources of data to assess learning
- in activating the community’s support for school success
Leaders today will be called upon to demonstrate a variety of skills that address demands as mandated by the state. Assistant Principals must have cutting-edge professional knowledge and skills to ensure exemplary achievement for all students in the 21st-century schools.
Through a cooperative effort between your district and Region 10 ESC, you have an opportunity to enhance your leadership skills by going beyond traditional campus administrator training. By committing to Region 10 Educational Service Center’s Assistant Principal Leadership Academy (APLA), you can:
- participate in an analysis of core leadership strengths
- receive training from nationally recognized consultants and superintendents in the field of education and leadership
- explore cutting-edge research
- interact with outstanding professionals for reflection, dialogue and problem-solving
Benefits of R10 Assistant Principal Leadership Academy (APLA) Participation
Intense training in leadership and curriculum designed for the exemplary assistant principal
Opportunity to participate in sessions with national/international authors and researchers, current in leadership practices
Up to 75 hours of Professional Development Hours (PDH)
Multiple opportunities to extend your network of professionals by interacting with innovative leaders in Region 10
Certificate acknowledging you as a member of the Region 10 Assistant Principal Leadership Academy available on-line following each sessions