Welcome to the Region 10 CERTification Program
Become a principal through Region 10’s CERTification Program
Are you an educator who is student centered and focused on inspiring and empowering others? Are you an educator who has vision and wants to collaborate for organizational change? As you begin your journey to a position as an Instructional Leader, it is imperative that you grow, adapt, learn and discover personal leadership skills as well as skills required to lead others. To set a foundation upon which to build, join the Region 10 CERTification Program and build your capacity as a leader.
Region 10 Principal Certification Application
Currently accepting applications for the summer 2023 cohort.
Official transcripts may be submitted early.
Escript - email@example.com
Mail - 400 E. Spring Valley Rd., Richardson, TX 75081
Submission deadline for applying is March 21st each year.
Applicants will be notified in April of acceptance into the upcoming summer cohort.
Are you ready to begin your career as an Instructional Leader?
Applicants complete an online application and must submit the required documents. If you have questions, please contact the program consultant.
Preliminary Criminal History Evaluation
If you were previously charged with a crime, you may have questions about your eligibility for a Texas educator certificate. A Preliminary Criminal History Evaluation is an evaluation of eligibility for a Texas educator certificate based on your self-reported criminal history. As a service to prospective candidates, TEA staff may perform an evaluation for a non-refundable fee of $50. The evaluation is voluntary and non-binding. Additional information can be found on the TEA website.
Submit the following:
- District/Site Supervisor Agreement Form from campus principal or district representative
- Notarized Criminal Affidavit
- Service Records documenting at least 3 years teaching experience
- Official master’s transcripts (minimum of 3.0 GPA on master's degree)
- Must have official transcripts (e-scripts are acceptable - must be e-mailed directly to Julie.Ramos@region10.org. Copies of transcripts are not acceptable.
- Transcripts and service records will be used to determine eligibility for program.
- Copy of your valid teaching certificate (Texas or comparable).
Coursework - Summer Institute and Capstones
- Applications are now being accepted for the 2024 Summer Institute Cohort
- The Summer Institute is an intensive daily summer schedule for five (5) weeks held in June and July.
- A practicum is required for Principal Certification. You will secure a practicum with district and/or principal approval as noted on the District/Site Supervisor Agreement Form. A fee is required for the practicum ($3,975). This fee is set up on payroll deductions for ten (10) months.
- Participants are eligible for hire as instructional leaders after completing program, face-to-face classes, and TExES test preparation, and passing the TExES examination and PASL.
Please contact 972.348.1372 with any questions
*Please Note: All Program Fees are Non-Refundable
Attendance at coursework is very important for success in this fast-paced principal program. When an absence is a scheduled event, the absence form must be completed at least one week before the absence for program approval so that make-up assignments can be given. When an illness requires an absence, the form should be submitted within 3 days, and make-up assignments will be given. Only 6 hours of absences are allowable in this program.
Submit documents to:
-- OR --
Mail documents to:
Region 10 ESC
Attn: R10 Principal Certification Program
400 E Spring Valley Rd.