Our collection of programs is designed to elevate your leadership skills to assist with meeting or exceeding your goals. To that end, we are pleased to offer training options to help you learn and build a better strategy to meet the specific needs of your campus or district. Together we can improve student achievement by increasing your effectiveness and collaborating with you this year.
Leadership Professional Development
Contact for Leadership Professional Development: Karen Barnes
- The Region 10 Accountability website contains the most recent accountability and state assessment information. Our consultants strive to provide quality consultations, technical assistance, and staff development based upon the most current research.
- A series of trainings from educational experts for administrators. The target audience is campus-level administrators, central office administrators, and superintendents.
- A cohort of administrators focusing on professional development for school leaders with the goal of increasing student achievement.
- Districts that receive Title I funds are required to create and submit plans describing how the district will improve gaps as they relate to low-income students and students of color being taught at higher rates than other students by inexperienced, out-of-field, and ineffective teachers. Region 10's 'Equity Training' will be anchored in the 'Texas Equity Toolkit' website tools and its process.
- A series of trainings that are geared toward the Texas Evaluation Systems. Administrators should attend these trainings to obtain state certification and/or to receive support in implementation and growth in the evaluation systems.
- The Innovate Principal Conference is a great opportunity to apply innovative and unconventional thinking to your leadership practice and engage, inspire and empower your professional learning community. This conference will reveal some of the latest practices that are influencing the dynamic, disruptive changes taking place in education and provide you with a mindset to propel student learning forward.
- An annual one day training that provides updated research in educational leadership. The target audience is campus-level administrators, central office administrators, and superintendents.
- Region 10's School Improvement Resources are valuable tools for campuses striving to meet performance targets in the state and federal accountability systems. Technical assistance and professional development services are also available.
- Crucial Conversations
- A two day training teaching skills for creating alignment and agreement by fostering open dialogue around high-stakes, emotional, or risky topics — at all levels of your organization.
- Getting Things Done
Training for improving organization of information, prioritizing, productivity with purpose, or in other words — getting more of the right stuff done.
Two-day training that teaches proven strategies to drive rapid and sustainable behavior change for teams and organizations. By learning how to discover and counteract the complex web of forces underlying resistant organizational problems, you’ll be able to make change inevitable.
- Speed of Trust
The Speed of Trust Transformation Process™ is leverage that dramatically impacts business outcomes through changing the performance of individuals and teams. It is about HOW individuals and teams do their current work. Creating a high trust, highly engaged culture is the ultimate, long-term competitive advantage.
- Texas Instructional Leadership (TIL) is a service offered by the ESCs that works to build the capacity of school principals and those who support them (including their supervisors) through professional development, implementation support, and coaching so that they can continuously improve instruction for all students.
- These sessions offer opportunities for PK-12 principals to collaborate with our Region 10 staff on recent curriculum and administrator updates at cluster locations. Each series will share valuable information designed to enrich the professional learning community for all principals. There are (4) repeated sessions per series to accommodate your schedule.
- The School Safety and Security team at the Region 10 Education Service Center provides Superintendents, campus administrators, campus staff, and district law enforcement with relevant training, guidance, information and resources to improve all aspects of school safety and security.
- The Teacher Incentive Allotment (TIA) is designed to recognize effective teachers throughout the state of Texas. As part of the TIA criteria, effective teachers can be recognized on three different designation levels: Recognized, Exemplary and Master.
Support Staff Training
Contact for Support Staff Training: Phyllis Lawler
- Superintendents' Administrative Assistants Roundtables
- Office Professional Webinars available to Superintendents' Administrative Assistants. Topics cover interpersonal skills as well as various software trainings related to the educational setting.
- Face-to-Face Professional Learning
- School Support Personnel Training